Sunday 28 April 2019

W is for ...




W is for... William, Wilson, Wedding, Wills, Wells.


As I am writing this in the car after attending a beautiful wedding on the weekend, I guess the most suitable subject for this challenge is Wedding

I have spent the last three months sewing a Double Wedding Ring Quilt for this couple. It gave me great pleasure creating this quilt but believe me it was a challenge! I spent many an hour sewing and thinking. 

Thinking of other weddings, my own included. My husband and I were married on a bright stifling hot summer day over 43 years ago. I think it was about 40degrees in “the water bag” so the saying goes. 

I had 3 bridesmaids and all my nieces and nephews involved in the wedding party. This consisted of 3 flower girls, 3 accompanying page boys, 2 pageboy ring carriers and one just sitting page boy(he couldn't walk yet) and 2 nephews who were ushers! It truely was a family affair! 

Weddings are such a great occasion. To me it is a joining of more than just two people, it can be the joining of whole families. This special  wedding on the weekend was a combination of two cultures, Australian and Vietnamese, and it was done so well.

I am sure there have been many special and different weddings in my Family Tree, I wish more had been documented over the years though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...