Tuesday 23 April 2019

T is for...





T is for…Taylssa, Terencce, Thedore, Thomas, Timothy, Tobias, Toli. 

As most of the above “T” ancestors are either still living or have already had posts written about them, I will diverge to another of my favourite “T” words. 

T is for … Trove! 

In Australia we are very fortunate to have access to an incredibly large free online search engine. It was created by the National Library of Australia. 

It has many categories that can be searched leading you directly to the source and not just a list of websites. The most fascinating and largely used category ( especially by the Family Historian) is the Digitised Newspapers from the years 1803 to 1954. But there are many other categories worth checking out. While writing this post, I logged into my Trove account and in the last hour there had been 19,039 searches. 

The only problem with Trove is that it can be a great time waster. Many a time I have logged into Trove to look up just one thing, and found myself hours later happily saving  many things that I have found but hadn’t planned on. 

If you haven’t discovered Trove yet, do yourself a favour and check it out.

https://trove.nla.gov.au




No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...