Friday 12 April 2019

H is for




H is for… Henry, Harold, Harriet, Harrison, Happy Birthday, History.

I have a few Henry’s on my Family Tree. But the most interesting would have to be my Henry Sparrow Briggs!

What sort of name is Sparrow? Sparrow is such an interesting name it would be a shame to elaborate here with the H’s! I think I will leave my Henry Sparrow ancestor for the S is for…! 

I have found with Family History that I now view history in a whole different way. History can tell us so much about our ancestors. When I have found information and records a little bare on the ground in my research I am able to glean information from reading social history of the time. This can lead to researching a different way, also it can help with writing Family History narratives. By knowing the social history of my ancestors it can help with putting “flesh on the bones” when writing a scene.

I have four children from four different families who share a birth date the 9th of January. The first is a great niece in 2001. Then I have a (H) great nephew in 2014, a granddaughter also in 2014 and lastly another (H) great nephew in 2016. If it wasn’t for my interest in Family History, I doubt that I would ever have noticed this fact. It seems that the 9th January is indeed a Happy Birthday.

How about you? Do you have a particular Happy Birthday date that keeps popping up over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...