Friday 12 April 2019

I is for...







I is for… Isabella, Isabel, Isaac, Information, Immigration.

Isabella/Isabel feature quite often in my Family Tree. I have five ancestors at last count with this name.

My Maternal Grandmother was Isabella Galvin. Born in 1878 at Moore Creek, in the district of Tamworth, she was a farmer’s daughter with eleven brothers and sisters.

She married George Henry Brandt in 1907 at Parramatta. The marriage records show that her residence at the time of the marriage was Parramatta. I will need to research how and why her family found themselves in downtown Parramatta after the farm life of rural Tamworth.

This is the beauty of Family History you never run out of information to look for. 

Information Overload is often an ailment of many a Family Historian, but it is usually not the information that we set out to find!

What can I say about Immigration. Living in Australia I have many ancestors who immigrated. Whether they were transported o’er the seas or looked for a better life from whence they came, immigration played a big part in shaping my Family Tree.  Australia is a place of immigrants from all backgrounds.  A real melting pot of flavour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...