Monday 15 April 2019

M is for ...






M is for…Magnus,Mabel,Mac, Maria, Mark, Martha, Martin, Mary, Matilda, Matthew, Max, Maxwell, Meg, Micah, Michael, Minette, Muriel, Marcia-Me!


Magnus is a collateral ancestor and I haven’t found a lot of  information on him. I thought it would be a good time to do some research on Magnus Ernest Brandt, with this letter. But it is amazing how soon I realised that there is never any quick searches in Family History so this Magnus will have to wait until another day. I know when he was born and died, but that is about it. Stay tuned, I will get around to him eventually. He does appear in some of my creative non fiction stories about Louisa, though. 

Most of the other “M’s” are living relatives and I will not write about them without permission. 

So the next person of interest and who I have a fair bit of information on, is Marcia-Me!

Marcia Ruby Brandt 
daughter number four was born to Garvice and Ruby,  in 1955. 

I was blessed to marry my husband in 1975 and we have 3 wonderful sons and a gorgeous daughter. Our sons all married and along with 3 beautiful daughters-in-law gave us 6 granddaughters and 1 grandson. 

I am a keen Family Historian and completed a Diploma in Family History in 2017. But I am constantly learning in my journey of Family History and this journey will never end. 

I am very thankful for today’s technologies and the internet. As I am mobility challenged, the internet is a great asset as I find getting to Libraries and research repositories a challenge. It is great to be able to research from the comfort of my own lounge room. I know that the internet has it’s drawbacks and limits but for me it is a godsend. 

When not dabbling in Family History, I can be found in my Sewing Room. I love Patchwork and Quilting and at the moment most days see me playing with some form of sewing. 

I also love painting and along with three friends meet weekly for support, laughter and sometimes we work on our painting projects! I mainly dabble in acrylics and pastels. I love painting gifts for my family and I must admit that I am fast running out of wall space for the projects that I keep instead of giving away. 

My latest hobby is writing. It was during my Diploma that I found I enjoyed the challenge of the written word. Being an avid reader, I soon found that I was able to write without too much effort., although this challenge is testing me! The writing units in the Diploma were my favourite units, so with the tuition and experience gained from these, my Family History Blog was born.

But I have to say that the over-riding passion for me would have to be my family.  







2 comments:

  1. Good idea to write about yourself too, not just your ancestors. One day you'll be someone's ancestor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Wendy. My aim for starting this blog is to leave stories behind for my family.

      Delete

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...