Tuesday 16 April 2019

N is for ...







N is for … Nellie, Nicholas, Nannie/Nan. 

There aren’t many “N” names in my Family Tree. But my favourite would have to be when I am called Nannie or Nan by my beautiful grandchildren! 

My mother was called the same by my children. I remember before the birth of my first grandchild I researched extensively the different names for a Grandmother. I trolled the internet trying to decide what I would choose. I was thinking that I would like something unique but I couldn’t make up my mind! 

Then during a conversation with my eldest son, the father-to-be I mentioned my dilemma. He looked at me with a confused expression and stated you will be Nannie of course! I was honoured and the decision was made.  

So much for my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...