Sunday 28 April 2019

V is for ...







V is for ...Valma, Vera, Vanessa, Victoria. 

I am going to write about another favourite Aunt. I really only have memories of two aunts and I have already written about one for the L challenge. I had other aunts but I don’t remember them.  

Aunty Vera was my mother’s eldest sister. She was born in 1911, married in 1942 and died in 1980. 

What do I remember about Aunty Vera? I remember her smell, I am not sure what scent she wore but I remember she always smelled the same and I loved it. 

Aunty Vera was always well made up. She never went anywhere without putting on her “face” and “lippy”!  

As a teenager I remember when she visited us and stayed over she would always give me access to her makeup bag. 

The treasures I would find there. My Mum wasn’t into makeup other than face powder and her signature red lippy.

But Aunty Vera had the works...the cleanser, toner, blushing sticks, multitude of lipsticks, foundation and much more that I can’t remember. 

I remember her staying with us when I was a teenager and being allowed to use her makeup. She had this roll up stick of “something” I am not sure what it was exactly, but it was applied to the face. I used it every day she was there and I thought I was the “bees knees”! 

Aunty Vera was also tall and elegant. She epitomised the word lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...