Monday 6 May 2019

A to Z 2019 CHALLENGE REFLECTION



My A to Z Challenges/Blessings?

Now that the Challenge has ended, I am able to sit back and reflect on all that happened during the month of April

It was quite a challenge in more ways than one for me! To commit to blogging everyday except Sundays for the whole month. Guess what? I survived

Family History is a passion for me, but not exclusive to all other things. As I have said numerous times in previous posts, I still have a lot of research to do. But finding time is often my biggest problem as I have a few other hobbies

The month of April also saw me supporting my husband who is my carer while he underwent a few hospital procedures. He is recovering well and we are grateful to modern medicine, something that few of our ancestors ever had the chance to explore. 

During this time I was also being fitted for new callipers with trips back and forth to my Orthotist. Needless to say I could have done without these fitting appointments. But I am now grateful for my new set of "legs" as the other ones really need to be retired

April also brought the blessing of Easter. It also brought special family time with my son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters visiting from another state, for a couple of weeks. This time was shared by all our family, 2 other sons and daughters-in-laws, 4 other granddaughters, 1 grandson and a beloved daughter

April saw me everyday except a couple, in my sewing studio making a Double Wedding Ring Quilt for a special couple's wedding. Was this a challenge? You bet it was! But once again I am grateful that I got it finished and gifted

While attending this wedding with all of my above family we were also able to have a mini holiday together. Precious time together and many precious memories made at a special wedding and at a trip to the Zoo!  I lost count of the number of times I answered to Mum and Nannie during April. Just another blessing to add to my memories of family and love!

I have posted on this blog before about my University studies in Family History. This allowed me to embark on a learning journey I didn't know I craved. It opened up a whole new experience for me, a "
seeking knowledge journey" of unknown ancestors and history.

So what are some of the other things the Challenge proved to me?  

  • That "nothing ventured nothing gained."
  • That X really is the hardest letter for me. 
  • You! To everyone who followed this blog Thank You!
  • Thank you to all who participated, I enjoyed reading your posts. 
All in all it was fun. I hope you have picked up on my subtly placed "Boldformatting.

2 comments:

  1. X is definitely the hardest letter! Sounds like you had a crazy busy month, so well done for completing the challenge too
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you kind words, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...