Friday 13 March 2020

INTRODUCING ELLEN

Ellen McAllina 
Circa 1801 -1884

For this year's Family History February 2020 Writing Challenge,  I chose Ellen as my subject   I didn't manage to write everyday, but I hope to continue writing Ellen's story over the next few months.

Please remember that these stories are Creative Non-Fiction.  Names, places and dates are correct as far as the author is aware.  The accompanying story is where the Creativity comes in! 

I do not have first hand knowledge of Ellen or any diaries of hers.  Some facts in future instalments are indeed fact and will be marked with the appropriate footnote for the source.

As I have said elsewhere in this Blog, I hope to put "meat on the bones" of my relatives, making them more than just names, places and dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...