Friday 8 June 2018

#52 ANCESTORS WEEK 20 - ANOTHER LANGUAGE


The Week 20 theme is "Another Language." You could write about an ancestor who spoke a different language than you do. You could highlight the first time that you had to work with a record in another language. Maybe there's an epitaph on an ancestor's tombstone that's written in a different language. Is there an ancestor who spoke more than one language?



I thought I would have the usual trouble with this prompt and have to ponder hard about what to write. 


But the prompt jumped out at me as soon as I saw it. 

Another Language for me is easy. For me DNA is another language. 

Deoxyribonucleic acid, nucleotides, Mutations, Chromosome, Haplogroup, mitochondrial DNA, autosomal DNA….The list goes on! 

IT IS A CROSSWORD PUZZLE OF A GREAT MAGNITUDE TO SOLVE.  

But it is one that I hope to master with practice. 


????????DNA Crossword??????????
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...