Wednesday 12 January 2022

#12 ANCESTORS IN 12 MONTHS 2022 - INTRODUCTION







Over the years since first beginning this blog I have participated in a few writing challenges. I find these very helpful in keeping me focused on writing.  It is very easy to get waylaid with “bright shiny objects” and “rabbit holes” while researching Family History and forgetting to share stories of our ancestors and not just recording long lists of facts, that sometimes can see our reader’s eyes glaze over!  I enjoy “putting flesh  on the bones” of my ancestors (as I have said before) while trying to incorporate facts that I have found.

Over the years I have participated in

  • 2017 - The 28 Day Family History Writing Challenge with Lynne Palermo and I was successful in managing to complete this 28 Day Challenge.
  • 2018 - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Writing Challenge with Amy Crow, of which I completed 24 weeks
  • 2019 - The A to Z Writing Challenge where I completed 26 blogs on Family History subjects.
  • 2020 - The 28 Day Family History Writing Challenge and I wrote for 7 weeks, before other things claimed my time.
  • 2021 - I completed 5 weeks of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge.

So with that dubious track record to follow I have decided to set a more achievable goal (hopefully) and instead of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge I will undertake the 12 Ancestors in 12 months. If you are interested in joining this challenge the link is: https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks-themes-2022/

The suggested monthly prompts are listed below and it is completely up to each writer to interpret these prompts however they feel inclined. 

  • January: Foundations
  • February: Branching Out
  • March:  Females
  • April: Check it out
  • May: Social
  • June: Conflict
  • July: Identity
  • August: Help
  • September: Exploration
  • October: Preservation
  • November: Shadows
  • December: New Horizons


So hopefully the end of 2022 will see me with 12 blog posts for this Challenge and maybe along the way I will also manage a few extra!!  Who knows?  I have a couple of weeks to post my January - Foundations story.  Now what or who to write about?






No comments:

Post a Comment

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024 - Week 9 - Changing Names

  I have quite a few “changing names” candidates for this prompt. It never ceases to amaze me how some names through no fault of their own c...